September 29, 2008

Family Farm Day

An update on Kylie: the night after her scary descent from the horse she slept next to me all night and woke up once for a drink of water. The next day she said she felt a lot better and her headache was almost gone. We went to church, I fasted in gratitude, and she seemed to be her normal self. Monday morning she went to school just like any other day. After school I asked her if she told her class about getting bucked off. She had totally forgotten about it! We went back to the farm today and the first thing she wanted to do was visit the horses and feed them some hay. She said that Taffy, the horse, was sorry.
We had so much fun at the farm. I love working together as a family up there. Today was crunch day to get 80 acres of bailed hay hauled to a customer. Brian went up at 5:30 to get started. After Kylie got home from school we put on our farm duds and scurried up there. My job was to drive the Dodge 3500 diesel down the field towing a hay trailer behind. Brian drove the John Deere and stacked the bales on the trailer. I am happy to report that I didn't tip over a single load or catch the trailer on the fence when pulling in or out of the field. After awhile Kylie sat on my lap and steered the truck, which she enjoyed immensely. She did a perfect job executing the turns so that the load didn't tip. We had dinner at Big J's (mmmm, hamburgers and fresh strawberry shakes) which is the restraunt featured in Napoleon Dynamite. Oh, and we also saw Tina the llama as we drove into town. Still don't have a picture!
Wish you could see the colors that are popping up on the mountains! Mostly red, but here and there a patch of bright yellow pops out.

1 comments:

Missy Ann said...

She's too cute! I love the pictures of the Valley it makes me home sick.