April 23, 2009

A Blessed Day

As some of you know, Brian recently started flying life flight down in Page, Arizona. He has had some interesting experiences already, but today's experience was different than he ever expected.

He got a call to respond to a motor vehicle accident on the highway. The car had over-corrected and rolled three times. He landed at the scene and got out to assist the medical staff. Suddenly he realizes that he knows the driver and passengers of the vehicle: they're one of our best friends from Louisiana! Brian and Dave gave Coleen a blessing right away then loaded her into the helicopter. They were concerned that she had a serious neck injury. Brian flew her to the hospital while Dave and the baby rode in the ambulance. Dave is bruised and had a few stitches in his ear and the baby is totally fine--what a blessing! Coleen fractured her C2 vertebrae in her neck and had to be transported by airplane to Phoenix for surgery. Brian was able to stay with them in the hospital and took care of the baby and helped make arrangements for Dave to get down to Phoenix.

Brian called me right after he dropped Coleen off at the hospital and had to return to the base. He wasn't able to tell me anything due to a confidentiality contract, just that he needed Dave's cell number. After a few calls I learned that they had been in an accident but not much more. I made a few calls to friends in Louisiana to ask them to pray for them, knelt and said a prayer of my own, then called the Logan temple to have their family's names put on the prayer roll. After I hung up the phone I immediately felt peaceful and knew that everything would be okay.

I am so grateful that Brian was there to help our friends! He didn't leave their side until he got them in a rental car with a new baby seat, and dinner in their bellies, heading down to Phoenix. Dave called me later when he was on the road and said what a miracle it has all been. I couldn't agree more!

0 comments: