February 22, 2010

50 Things I Love: #6

Jack Handey's Deep ThoughtsI have to thank my Barbie-Buddy* Michelle for introducing me to the genius of Jack Handey quotes back in high school. My life has been deeply enriched by these inspirational quotes. Here are some of my favorites:
  • "I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea and its just eggs hatching."
  • "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
  • "Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff."
  • "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, and for no good reason."
  • "If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in a mirror because I bet that's what REALLY throws you into a panic."
  • "If you're robbing a bank and your pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too because, come on, life is funny."
  • "One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down!" He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

And now my very favorite, best Jack Handey quote of all time......

  • "Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing."



Brilliant!!!!

*Barbie-Buddy: A friend whom you have known since childhood, and thus played Barbies together, with whom you continue the friendship into adulthood. This term especially applies if you or said friend drove a Barbie car from their house to yours.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO TONKA! They just don't make them sturdy anymore...