Sparkling Apple Cider
The morning/afternoon/evening sickness has hit me. I can't eat all day. As soon as I get Kylie to bed, all I want to do is eat--but only things that sound good--and I can't seem to stay full. I desperately needed a carbonated beverage the other night to calm my increasingly frantic stomach, but knew I wouldn't have time to make a run to the grocery store, finish Kylie's homework, and get her to bed at a decent hour. As I listened to Kylie ramble off her reading, my mind shuffled through the fridge and cupboards, trying on everything for size. Apple? No. Cheese slice? No. Cereal? Ew, no! As I mentally made my way down the shelves of the fridge, my inner eye landed on the two bottles of sparkling cider that have been rolling around since Christmas. I immediately jumped up and threw open the fridge doors and, I swear to you, a chorus of angels sang as I pulled out the beautifully chilled bottle. I have since sipped this magical concoction night and day and find it more satisfying than the traditional 7-Up. Now if I could just find a goblet, I could be sipping in style...because, really, it should only be drank in a goblet.



0 comments:
Post a Comment