December 13, 2010

Letter from Grandma

I received a beautiful letter from my Grandma Moon that I wanted to record and share:

"Thank you for inviting us to Kylie's baptism and Jaxson's blessing. It was a very spiritual and wonderful experience. And thank you for allowing me to hold Jaxson. He is truly a beautiful baby boy.

"There is something that I forgot to tell you yesterday. During the entire time I was holding Jaxson his eyes were shut, except for one time. When Kylie and Brian went down into the font, I faced Jaxson toward the font and whispered into his little ear, "There's sister and daddy. Sister is getting baptized." Right then, Jaxson opened his eyes and watched his sister get baptized, and then closed his eyes again.

"What a testimony that the veil is very thin for tiny babies and of the purity of your two little angels and of their mommy and daddy. Your little family is a little piece of heaven on earth. And a reminder that our family is very wonderful and we need to hold tight to each other forever.
"May God bless your family at this Christmas season and forever. Love, Grandma Moon."

What a sweet experience! I'm grateful for such wonderful children. I'm also grateful for family who will help turn my children towards the gospel and whisper in their ear those plain and precious truths, that they may open their eyes and see.

2 comments:

Coretta from Confetti said...

awesome
thanks for sharing

VanDyke Family said...

what a neat letter, it's all about family and that's what we seem to forget! You have a wonderful grandma who cares so much, you are very lucky!