March 09, 2010

50 Things I Love: #8

The only water I can drink these days is lemon water. I keep a bottle of it chilled in the refrigerator and have found that I am drinking so much more water than before! I have also learned about the many health benefits of drinking lemon water:
  • Cleans your mouth
  • Controls excessive bile flow
  • Dislodges phlegm
  • Aids digestion
  • Prevents bloating and heartburn
  • Helps alleviate constipation
  • Helps to prevent vomiting
  • Cleanses the liver and kidneys
  • Works as a natural skin cleanser

Fantastic! Who couldn't use a little of that?! I carry around a 32 oz reusable water bottle which I fill with Kangen water, squeeze a wedge of lemon into the water, plop the lemon wedge into the water, and sip all day. At night I put the water bottle into the fridge, fill it up with water again in the morning, and the lemon re-flavors it for another day or two. Now I'm wondering why I haven't done this sooner!

1 comments:

Leilani G said...

I love lemon water too! One warning, since it is very acidic, drinking it all day can be unfriendly to the teeth. It's best to drink it quickly and rinse with plain water or brush your teeth afterward. It also depends on how much lemon you are actually putting in the water. Just FYI.

Oh and I love your blog. I had lost it for awhile and found it today on your facebook. Yea!